Afternoon tea anyone?? These vegan scones are the perfect treat, and are no different to the one’s you’ve had before!
Sweet, light, fluffy, crumbly…. they’re melt-in the mouth heaven.
My simple scones are INCREDIBLY easy to make. In fact, you can whip up the dough in a matter of minutes. They also use ingredients you probably already have lying about in your cupboard.
You can enjoy with jam(I used a homemade chia jam), coconut cream, fresh fruit, coconut yogurt, chocolate spread…or anything else you love. A few of these, some triangle sandwiches, some vegan cakes and a cuppa and your good to go!
A fresh batch of these makes the house smell amazing, and let’s just say they don’t last long in my house. Everyone tells me how amazing they think this recipe is, so I definitely think you need to try :).
- 400g(4 cups) plain flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sugar of choice
- 1 tsp salt
- 100g coconut oil(not melted)
- 320ml almond milk
- Vegan glaze(2 tbsp almond milk, 2 tsp maple syrup, 2 tsp oil)
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl with the sugar and salt. Combine well.
- Break the coconut oil into small chunks, and rub in with your finger tips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the plant milk bit by bit, mixing with a blunt knife. When it begins to come together, use your hands to form a ball.
- Place in the fridge for 20 minutes, and preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Roll or flatten the rested dough on a floured surface until approximately 2cm thick.
- Use a 5cm fluted cutter to cut out each scone. Flour the cutter to prevent sticking, and do not twist to prevent air bubble loss.
- Place the scones onto a lined baking tray, and brush over the glaze.
- Place in the oven, and bake for 15 minutes or until firm and golden.
- Allow to cool, then cut and enjoy!