Light, fluffy, perfectly sweet and delicious. These one-bowl banana muffins are easy to make, use 9 simple ingredients, and can be whipped up in under 30 mins. Sounding good? Read on to find out how you can make them!
What better way to use up over-ripe bananas than my making a batch of banana muffins? In fact, the riper your bananas are, the better! Those little brown bits are actually natural sugars breaking down, so in this case, the more brown you see, the sweeter your muffins will be(oo that rhymes :)).
Along with being DELICIOUS, these muffins are free of refined sugar, and can also be made gluten free. They contain vitamins and minerals, healthy fats, superfood cacao, and using buckwheat or wholewheat flour packs in extra fibre and protein. A muffin that’s good for you? Is there anything better?!
Rich dark-chocolate chips pair perfectly with the light, sweet sponge. I love using a super-dark raw chocolate bar in this recipe to contrast against the creamy banana, however any choc works amazing. You can also add nuts, or dried fruit if you fancy.
So. They’re healthy, fluffy, rich, delicious, and all ready to be made by you. Happy baking :).
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 70g(1/3 cup) coconut oil
- 150g(3/4 cup) coconut sugar(or brown)
- 1 tbsp ground flax/chia+3 tbsp water
- 240g(2 cups) flour of choice(wheat, wholewheat, gluten free and buckwheat work fine)
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tap baking powder
- 100g dark chocolate chips/broken chocolate bar
- Combine the ground flax seed and water together, set aside to gel then preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mash the bananas well in a bowl.
- Add the coconut oil, sugar, almond milk and flax/chia wgg and mix until well combined.
- Sift in the flour, baking soda and baking powder, then gently fold into the wet mixture. Add the chocolate chips and stir until evenly distributed throughout the mixture.
- Line a muffin tin with 12 muffin cases and scoop the mix to fill each one.
- Bake for 22-24 minutes or until golden brown and fim to the touch. Allow the muffins to cool slightly before removing from the tin and enjoying!