All the flavours of Thailand in this gorgeous veg-packed stir-fry make this simple recipe the most AMAZING noodle dish. It’s one of my favourite meals ever, and is a defiante must try!
The sauce coating the veggies and noodles is made up of traditional Thai ingredients, from fresh ginger and chilli, to tamarind paste and peanuts. Soaked up by the tofu and other ingredients, it makes for a truly delicious stir-fry.
I use a whole load of veggies in my stir fry, some of my faves being crunchy baby sweetcorn, sweet bell peppers, and mild spring onions. As well as adding flavour, and tonnes of nutrients….your plate will be full of colour(they say eat the rainbow right?!)
Crispy fried tofu acts as the plant-protein in this dish, as well as adding a gorogeous texture, and soaking up all the Thai flavours from the sauce. I usually marinate it a little before hand to make sure it’s SUPER tasty.
Finished off with crunchy peanuts, and fresh lime wedges, this nutrient packed dish of HEAVEN is calling your name. Make sure to pop it in your weekly meals sometime soon…I promise it’ll stay there !
- 1 packet dried flat rice noodles
- 1 heaped tbsp tamarind paste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut/brown sugar, or liquid sweetener of choice
- 3 tbsp vegetable stock
- 2 tsp coconut/olive oil
- 1/2 packed beansprouts
- 1 medium courgette
- 1 medium carrot
- 1 pack baby sweetcorn
- 1 block extra-firm tofu
- Handful plain, skinned peanuts
- 1 lime
- In a small cup or bowl, combine the tamarind, sugar, soy sauce, stock and mix to combine.
- Press the tofu between a cloth or kitchen roll to remove excess liquid, then cut into small cubes.
- Place into a bowl, and add around 1/3 of the sauce mix. Coat well, and leave to marinate.
- Cook the noodles as instructed.
- Meanwhile, cut the veggies into thin, julienne style strips, and set aside.
- Add 1 tsp of the oil to a large pan or wok, and when hot, add the tofu. Fry until crisp then remove from the pan.
- Add the remaining oil, and the veggies to the pan, and stir fry for a few minutes. Return the tofu and cook until the veggies are a little softened, but still crunchy.
- Add the noodles and remaining sauce.
- In a small pan, deep-fry the peanuts until fragrant, and crush a little into smaller pieces.
- Add half the nuts to the stir-fry, then transfer into bowls.
- Top with the remaining nuts, and fresh lime wedges.