A little taste of heaven awaits you with these bite-sized energy boosters. Packed with delicious roasted hazelnuts and dreamy cacao, they’re hearty, satisfying and taste incredible !
Made in just one blender, there speedy, easy, and fab for meal prep. They’ll save up to 5 days at room temp, and they’re also freezer friendly! I usually make a big batch, and freeze the till I need a boost.
Sweetened with dates, these delicious bites are refined sugar free. Wholegrain oats provide fibre, nuts/seeds healthy fats and protein, and superfood cacao a whole load of nutrients. You’ll definitely feel energised after a couple of these!
You can adapt this recipe however you like, changing the nuts, using buckwheat instead of oats, using a different nut/seed butter, or swapping cacao out for your favourite flavour. The choice really is endless!
- 100g(1/2 cup) medjool dates
- 90g(1 cup oats)
- 75g(1/2 cup) hazelnuts
- 3 heaping tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp plant milk
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- Pinch salt
- Pit the dates, and soak in hot water for 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the hazelnuts in the oven on 180°c for 20 minutes, and remove the skins as much as possible.
- Drain the dates and add to the to the food processor, along with the milk and almond butter. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the hazelnuts, oats, chia seeds, cacao powder and salt, and pulse until well combined. Add a little more nut butter or milk if needed.
- Scoop 1-2 tbsp of the mixture, and roll into a ball.
- Repeat until all the mixture is gone, then enjoy! You could also roll the balls in dessicated coconut, cacao powder, vegan chocolate, or whatever your heart desires:).