INSANELY delicious, these chocolatey bites of heaven are perfectly sweet, rich, soft, and have a gorgeous nutty crunch. Topped with a dreamy chocolate drizzle, and a few roasted nuts, they’re a real crowd pleaser.
These vegan brownies are easy to make, and are packed with wholefood goodness from heart-healthy nuts, to creamy avocado(yes, AVOCADO)…trust me it works! In all they’re chocolatey glory, you wouldn’t guess that they good for you.
I use natural coconut sugar in this recipe, giving the brownies a little sweetness…without any refined nonsense. any unprocessed sugar from cane to brown works perfectly too!
I packed mine with crunchy nuts, and dreamy chocolate chips for my ultimate brownie. This basic recipe can be adapted to however you love. Adding orange zest makes for the perfect choc-orange treat, or cherrys and almond extract provides a bite-sized black forest gateaux. The possibilities are endless!
Whenever your next craving a chocolatey treat, give these babies a try. Guilt free, delicious AND planet friendly?! You’ve got no reason not too :).
- 120g(1 cup) flour (all purpose, gluten-free and buckwheat work perfectly)
- 1/2 large avocado or 1/4 cup mashed banana
- 60ml melted coconut oil
- 100g unrefined sugar (coconut/cane e.c.t)
- 40g unsweetened cacao powder
- 180ml canned coconut milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup add-ins of choice (nuts, seeds, coconut, chocolate chips, dried fruit e.c.t).
- Preheat the oven to 180°c and line a 8×8″ baking tin.
- In a large bowl, combine the avocado/banana and coconut oil until smooth.
- Add the sugar and vanilla, and whisk to combine.
- Sift in the flour and cacao, along with adding the salt, and fold into the mixture until well incorporated.
- Slowly add the coconut milk, mixing until the batter becomes smooth.
- Add any extra ingredients, before transferring the batter to the tin.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted(remember if you are using chocolate chips, the skewer may pick up a little melted chocolate).
- Allow to cool before slicing, and enjoying! You can also top with extra nuts, or a little chocolate sauce(made by combining melted chocolate and a little coconut milk until smooth).