PESTO PASTA. One of my favourite pasta dishes, and so unbelievably tasty! This one’s made with crunchy walnuts, vitamin-packed kale, and tasty basil, and is sure to satisfy your taste buds(and time schedule).
With a few ingredients, a blender, and a pan, this delicious meal can be whipped up in no time. the pesto is simple made by blending everything together, then it’s just added to some cooked pasta with a handful of tomatoes. easy!
The walnuts give a gorgeous creaminess, as well as adding TONNES of nutrients. Kale does the same, and fresh basil boosts the flavour to the max. I also like to add a little nutritional yeast for an extra cheezy flavour.
The pesto can be used for more than just pasta. it’s also great in sandwiches, salads, wraps, buddah bowls, on pizza…and I could go on. This little pop of flavour can bring any meal to the next level….so give it a try!
- Large handful(1 cup) fresh basil
- Large handful(1 cup) fresh kale, stems removed
- 3 large, peeled garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast(optional)
- 3 tbsp walnuts
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Good pinch salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 servings pasta of choice
- Handful fresh, or sundried tomatoes
- Start by bringing a pan of water to the boil, and cook your pasta as instructed.
- While it’s cooking, add all the remaining ingredients(excluding the tomatoes), to a food processor or blender, and blitz until smooth.
- Drain the pasta, then add the pesto, and chopped tomatoes.
- Finish with more fresh basil, and a crack of black pepper.