Because who doesn’t love a baked bean?? Warming, filling, and incredibly tasty, these ones are like the ones in the tin….but 1000x better :). Aaanndd, no added nonsense. Bonus!
The beans are SO easy to make, and are fab to make in big batches for the week. Perfect for busy people, and kids love them too! They’re also freezer friendly, so it’s worth making a load for the weeks so come.
I use little spice to give a warmth to the beans, and then simmer in rich tomatoes making them a breakfast(or any time) hero.
Here I’ve served on my SUPERFOOD BREAD, paired with guacamole, pumpkin seeds, and a crack of black pepper. Delicious!
- 1 onion
- Olive oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ red pepper
- 1 tin haricot/pinto beans
- 1 tin tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Toast to serve
- Finely dice the onion, then saute over a low heat with a little olive oil until translucent.
- Add the paprika, then meanwhile chop the pepper into very small pieces.
- Add the pepper and fry for a few minutes, then add the beans.
- Pour in the tomatoes along with a small amount of water washed out the can, and season well.
- Bring to the boil, then leave to simmer on a low heat until reduced and thick(about 15-20 minutes).