A bowl of breakfast HEAVEN anyone? This super-creamy maple porridge is full of flavour, perfectly sweet, and packed with goodness. It’s the perfect start to your morning, and pretty speedy to make too !
The oats are cooked in creamy plant milk and mashed banana, giving them that gorgeous texture. Adding banana no only provides the texture, but naturally sweetens the porridge.
Maple syrup has it’s own gorgeous flavour too, meaning this bowl is is NO means bland, but full of taste!
Aannndd…what’s porridge without the toppings?? This one is amazing with berries or jam, fresh banana, seeds, nuts, creamy nut butter(reccomend), and of course an extra drizzle of maple. Because you can never have too many toppings right?!
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1 cup vegan milk(almond, oat, coconut e.t.c)
- 1 ripe mashed banana
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp maple syrup(plus extra to top)
- 1 tbsp almond butter(optional)
- Pinch salt
- Add the oats and milk to a saucepan, and bring to the boil.
- Turn the heat to low, then add the banana, vanilla, maple, almond butter if using, and salt.
- Cook until thick and creamy, then serve with toppings of choice.