They’re creamy, chocolatey, nutty, sweet, and delicious. What more could you want in a dessert? This healthy treat is sure to satisfy your cravings, and impress anyone you make them for!
The pots consist of of dreamy chocolate mousse base, followed by creamy coconut cream, a drizzle of cho hazelnut butter, and some crunchy roasted hazelnut granola. All the textures, all the flavours, all the yum :).
The mousse is made with aquafaba, or water from a can of chickpeas, which is whipped until light and fluffy…just like egg whites! Melted dark choc is folded in along with a few extras, and you good to go! Simple yet incredible.
So if these decadent pots are making you drool, just follow my recipe to whip them up yourself!
- 240 ml | 1 cup aquafaba
- 100 g | 3 1/2oz dark chocolate
- 3 tbsp chocolate hazelnut butter(or any nut/seed butter)
- 2-3 tbsp maple or agave syrup
- 4 tbsp coconut cream
- Handful hazelnuts or chocolate granola to top(optional)
- Drain the liquid from the chickpeas into a bowl. Make sure you use the chickpeas in another recipe!
- Chop the chocolate into small cubes and place in a heatproof bowl. Set the bowl over a saucepan of barely simmering water and allow it to slowly melt. Stir until smooth.
- Heat the nut butter for 10-20 seconds in a microwave until runny and stir into the chocolate.
- Whisk the aquafaba until it forms almost firm peaks for a few minutes on max then add the syrup.
- Fold the chocolate into the whisked aquafaba until you have a smooth mousse.
- Spoon into 4 small glasses, and place in the fridge so set for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, stir the coconut cream until smooth.
- Spoon 1 tbsp of the cream onto each pot, followed by a handful of granola if using.
- Place in the fridge until ready to be eaten, and enjoy!