The ultimate cosy one-pot meal, perfect for those nights in, or for sharing with a crowd. This flavoursome chilli is packed with veggies and beans, along with a whole load of energizing nutrients.
This chilli is great with whichever beans you prefere. I love using kidney, black or even a tin of mixed beans. You can also switch up the veggies depending on what you like most, or have lying around in the house. This is a go-to dish when I need to use up fresh produce!
This dish is full of protein, fibre, and TONNES of vitamins and minerals. So, if your looking for something hearty…this is the one for you! Especially in the winter seasons.
I love serving my chilli with brown rice, and creamy guac, but it’s also fab with bread, or even on its own as a hearty soup! It’s incredibly easy to make, so there’s no reason why you shouldn’t give it a try!
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- Thumb ginger
- 2 tsp ground paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1-2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 large carrot
- 1-2 bell peppers
- 1 small/½ large courgette
- 100g mushrooms
- 1 tin tomatoes
- 1 tin beans of choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cooked brown rice(to serve)
- Avocado(to serve)
- Chop the onion, and gently saute in a saucepan with a little oil until soft.
- Add the minced garlic, finely chopped ginger, spices, and chilli flakes and fry for a further 3 minutes or until fragrant.
- Chop your vegetables into bite-sized chunks, then add to the saucepan. Coat in the spices.
- Once well combined, pour in the tomatoes. Rince the can by half filling it with water, and pouring into the pan.
- Bring to the boil, then lower to a simmer.
- Throw in the beans, and season well. Leave to simmer for 30-40 minutes, or until the veggies are cooked and the chilli has reached your desired thickness.
- Serve with rice, mashed avocado, or bread.