Like your childhood. In a bar. But better. These little crispy treats are full of chocolatey flavour, making the perfect morning pick me up, lunch box treat, or after dinner snack. and, they’re good for you!
For the crispiness, I use puffed quinoa in this recipe. Its PACKED with plant protein, and has a gorgeous crunch, making it perfect in these bars. If you can’t find puffed quinoa, don’t worry. Puffed rice or crispy rice cereal works fine too!
They are SO easy to make, and use minimal ingredients too, so fab for busy people, or meal prep-ers. Date sweetened, these treat have the perfect amount of natural sweetness and are great for the whole family(and probably won’t last long either!).
So, get together a few ingredients, and you’ll have a tray of chocolate goodness in no time!
- 100 grams (3 cups) puffed quinoa / puffed rice / rice crispies / cornflakes
- 130 grams (1/2 cup) soft dates, packed(I use medjool)
- 130 grams (1/2) cup nut butter
- 125 ml (1/2) cup plant milk
- 20 grams (1/4) cup cacao powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Line a 20cm tin with baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c.
- Add the dates, nut butter, milk, cacao, salt and cinnamon to a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Add the quinoa to a large bowl the add the date mixture. Combine until well coated.
- Press the mixture well into the tin, then place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Leave to cool, then slice and enjoy!