Don’t worry, these bites of heaven taste nothing like courgette. More like sweet, gooey, delicious cake bars. It’s just hidden inside to help get in your greens….does it get much better than that?!
These bars are easy to make, and can be whipped up in no time. They’re also freezer friendly, so great for meal prep! Breakfast, snack, dessert…the choice is endless :).
Chunks of melty vegan chocolate take these bars to the next level, and add a perfect richness, complementing the vanilla and courgette perfectly. They’re naturally sweetened AND gluten free too, so fab for anyone to dig into…unless you don’t wanna share!
If your looking for a way to use up some courgettes, this recipe is a winner!
- 120g(1/2 cup) almond butter
- 60ml(1/4 cup) vegan milk
- 85g(2/3 cup) coconut (or brown) sugar
- 2 flax eggs(2 tbsp ground flax/chia/linseed+4 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 100g(1 cup) grated courgette
- 120g(1 cup) oat flour(blended oats), or flour of choice
- 50g(1/2) oatspinch
- 60g dark chocolate/chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°c.
- Combine the almond butter, milk, sugar, flax eggs, and vanilla well.
- Add the courgette, and stir.
- Add the oat flour, oats, baking powder, and salt then mix to form a thick batter.
- Fold in the dark chocolate(chopped up) or chocolate chips, saving a few for the top.
- Add the mix into a tin, lined with baking paper(roughly 18x22cm).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the edges are lightly brown.
- Remove from the oven and cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing!