One of the main reasons people struggle to go vegan, is eggs. And honestly, they’re one of the hardest things to replicate. That’s why I’ve created this delicious VEGAN OMLETTE recipe, using chickpea flour for that traditional eggy texture.
The omlette can be packed with delicious veggies, from sweet bell pepper to nutrient packed spinach. Feel free to switch them up to whatever you love…a bit of red onion is gorgg.
I use a range of herbs and spices in this recipe, to make the omlette as tasty as possible. Nutritional yeast gives a cheesy flavour, whilst garlic granules and salt(black salt if you have it) work together to provide an eggy taste. With a kick of chilli and a pinch of mixed herbs, it’s a real taste sensation!
- 1/3 cup chickpea flour
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp dried herbs
- 1/2 tsp garlic granules
- Good pinch of salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 1/3 cup water
- Handful chopped veggies for choice(I like onion, pepper, courgette and spinach)
- In a small bowl, combine the chickpea flour, seasoning, nutritional yeast, herbs, and chilli.
- Mix well, add the veggies, and combine again.
- Add the water, and mix until no lumps remain.
- Set aside for 5-10 minutes, to thicken.
- Meanwhile, heat a small frying pan with a little oil on a medium heat.
- Pur in the mixture, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until bubbles appear on the top.
- Flip over, and repeat on that side.
- Serve with bread, salad, roast veg, or on it’s own.