The perfect accompaniment to any dish, these little crispy potato squares are fluffy, and full of delicious flavour. Using minimal ingredients, you can whip them up in no time!
The potatoes are part-boiled to give them a perfect fluffy interior, before being coated in my tasty spice mix and a little oil. They’re then baked in the oven until crisp and delicious, and served with a sprinkling of paprika. YUM!
You can always switch up the spices too, adding more paprika for a mexican taste, or some curry spices for indian. It’s really up to you! Sometimes it’s even perfect to keep it simple, with just a little paprika or dried herbs.
I love making these with sweet potato, parsnip or carrots too. Even a mix of a few is delicious! If your using any of these, just skip out the boiling stage as they’re much softer veggies.
Enough talk, here’s how to make them!
- 3 large jacket potatoes, or 8 smaller potatoes
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp tumeric
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Chop the potatoes (peel if you wish) into bite-sized cubes and add to the water. Cook for about 7 minutes or until just soft.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c.
- Transfer to a tray, and coat in the spices and oil.
- Place in the oven for 30 minutes, flipping half way through.
- Remove from the oven when crisp, and transfer into a bowl.
- Finish with fresh herbs, and enjoy!