All the flavours of carrot cake, in a easy-to-grab bar. Soft, sweet and delicious, these oaty bars are a perfect energizing snack or breakfast, whilst tasting good enough for dessert.
With 10 mins to spare and a few simple ingredients, you can whip these bars up in no time. They’re fab for meal prep or a quick boost…and freezer friendly too(so why not make a massive batch?!).
They’re made with SUPER healthy ingredients, but at NO cost to the taste. Warm spices, grated carrot, sweet dates, and chewy oats mean these bars taste just like carrot cake, they might aswell be the real thing!
As well as being DELICIOUS, these little rectangles of heaven provide: •Fiber from oats•Protein from pumpkin seeds and walnuts•Healthy fats from almond butter•Tonnes of nutrients from carrots and dates.
And if your gluten or nut free, no worries! Gluten free oats work perfectly as well as any seed butter instead of almond butter.
Enjoy with a dollop of cashew cream-cheese, coconut yog, with a hot drink, or by themselves. However you eat them, these bars are gonna be your new favourite snack. Good for the body, good for the soul. I mean, who doesn’t love healthy cake?!
- 120g(2 cups) oats
- 3 carrots
- 1/2 cup pumpkin and sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup coconut shavings
- 1/4 cup raisins(optional)
- 175g(1 cup) dates
- 60ml(1/4 cup) almond milk
- 85g(1/3 cup) almond butter
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp mixed spice/nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Soak the dates in boiling water for at least 15 minutes.
- Drain, and add to a blender or food processor along with a little of the drained water, and blend to a smooth paste. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- In a bowl, combine the oats, seeds, coconut, raisins(if using), spices, salt and baking powder well.
- Next, grate the carrots and use a cloth or towel to press as much liquid as possible out. You could also use dried carrot for this.
- Add the carrot along with the date paste, almond milk, almond butter and vanilla, then mix well to combine.
- Transfer to a 12x8cm baking tray lined with parchment paper, and flatten down with your hands of the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until firm and slightly golden.
- Slice, and enjoy!