Cosy, crunchy and naturally sweet, this warm apple crumble is just what you need!
Made with a mix of oats, almond flour, coconut and nuts the crumble topping has the perfect texture, clumped together with creamy almond butter and runny maple syrup. Paired with soft cinnamon apple, it’s the perfect combo.
Serve with a scoop of dairy free icecream, and you good to go …
- 100g oats
- 100g almond flour (or plain / gluten free flour)
- 20g dedicated coconut
- Handful mixed chopped nuts
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup almond butter, coconut oil or vegan butter
- pinch salt
- 4-5 apples
- 2 tbsp cinnomen
- optional mixed spice
- Add the oats into a to a bo, and mix with the flour, coconut and nuts.
- Melt the syrup with the almond butter, coconut oil or vegan butter, and combine with the dry ingredients. If your crumble is too wet, add a little more oats or flour. If it is too dry, add a splash of vegan milk. This can depend on the climate.
- Peel and thinly slice the apples. Place in a saucepan with the cinnomen and a splash of water. Put on the lid and leave to steam for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- In a baking dish, place the apples. Top with the crumble mix and place in the oven for 25 minutes until golden.
- Serve with icecream or cream and enjoy!