Perfectly sweet, slightly chewy and full of flavor. Everything a flapjack sound be, all with the added bonus of it being kind to your body and to the planet! Sounds good right?
My plant based flapjacks are made with natural ingredients, making them not only good for dessert, but breakfast treats and high- protein snacks too. They’re also really easy to make…so no complicated baking. Just simple deliciousness :).
You can really adapt this recipe however you want, adding dried fruit, crunchy nuts, chocolate chips, orange zest…the possibilities are endless. That way, you’ll never get bored of these healthy snacks. They’re also delicious with a layer of dark chocolate melted over the top for a richer flapjack.
- 350 g (4 cups) rolled oats
- 80 g (2/3 cups) flour (oat, plain, GF)
- 100 g mixed nuts (I used almonds, pecans and cashews) roughly chopped
- 200 g mixed dried fruit
- 50 g dark chocolate chips
- 200 g (3/4 cup + 2 Tbsp) coconut oil or dairy free butter
- 175 g (3/4 cup) natural syrup (maple, brown rice, agave, vegan honey, golden)
- 90 g (1/2 cup) unrefined sugar
- Preheat the oven to 180c.
- Place the syrup and butter/coconut oil in a small saucepan and melt. Alternatively, melt in the microwave.
- In a bowl, combine all of the remaining ingredients until evenly spread.
- Once melted, pour in the wet mixture and stir well to fully combine.
- Pour the mixture into a lined tin or dish, and flatten down with a wet spoon or hand.
- Place in the oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.